Monday 27 July 2015

Pierce says Clippers gave him best "championship Opportunity"


























Paul Pierce said Tuesday he feels the Los Angeles Clippers give him the best shot at another title before he retires.
Though the newly re-signed DeAndre Jordan grabbed headlines after discussing his decision to return to L.A. and spurn the Dallas Mavericks at the last minute, Pierce also made a notable move, leaving the Washington Wizards after one season to join the Clippers.
Pierce, 38, is now on his third team in three seasons and chasing a second championship ring. He grew up in Inglewood, Calif. and said he saw the Clippers as an opportunity to return home and finish his career on a high note. He will also reunite with head coach Doc Rivers, with whom he won a title in Boston in 2008.
“I’m at the point in my career where it’s winding down,” Pierce told media on Tuesday during a press conference for the Clippers' free-agent signees. “I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I wanted another opportunity to win a championship. I thought just being here would be a great fit. I’m a veteran. I could be another voice in the locker room and I can just pretty much fill any role that they need me to play.”


1 comment:

  1. I think most athletes order championship ring from here http://www.rockchampions.us/.The high quality is guaranteed

    ReplyDelete